Powered Now the Gas and Electrical Software has New Oil Certificates and updated Electrical and Gas Certificates available on iOS, Android and...
Powered Now vs Tradify - Job Management apps compared
If you are running a small business, especially a trade business, you know how busy things can get. Job management ...
If you are running a small business, especially a trade business, you know how busy things can get. Job management software is designed to help you get your life back from the headaches of managing your company.
Choosing the right job management software can have a huge impact on your day-to-day activities, help you be more efficient and win more work.
Not sure which software is the best choice for you? In this article, we are going to compare two job management softwares: Powered Now and Tradify.
Powered Now vs Powered Now - UK Job Management Apps Compared
Why should you switch from Tradify to Powered Now? Well, let’s start with this comparison table:
|Forms and certificates
|Customer Relationship Management
|Making Tax Digital for VAT
|Billing and invoicing
|Automatic certificate reminders by email and SMS
|Scheduling, timekeeping, quoting & invoicing
|Construction Industry Scheme (CIS)
|Sumup up integration for online payments
Below we are going to compare and explain some key features and benefits.
If you hate paperwork and trying to organise your team and business book a demo to learn how Powered Now can help!
Powered Now is always available on your smartphone or tablet, even when you don’t have a signal. The benefits of this are:
- Record information, pictures and signatures related to the job straight onto your smartphone. Nothing is forgotten and there is no rekeying, scraps of paper or “black book” needed
- Produce quotes and invoices straight after you have finished with your customer, meaning more quotes won and faster payment
Making Tax Digital
Powered Now offers you the functionality to submit your VAT returns to HMRC digitally so you are compliant with the new Making Tax Digital legislation.
Making Tax Digital for VAT requires businesses to use software for the following tasks:
- Keeping and maintaining VAT accounting records
- Creating VAT returns
- Sending the VAT returns to HMRC
From April 2022, all VAT-registered businesses are required to use MTD for their VAT which means they need to use MTD compatible software like Powered Now.
One of the key differences between Powered Now and Tradify is that Powered Now offers free training and in person.
Both companies offer live online training, webinars, documentation and videos.
Forms & Certificates
Forms and certificates play an important role in an engineer’s day.
Powered Now has more than 70 forms and certificates which you can customise while Tradify only has 21.
Here is the full list of Powered Now’s forms and certificates.
- Heat Pump Commissioning Certificate
- Air Source Heat Pump Servicing Certificate
- Vented Cylinder Commissioning Checklist
- Solar Thermal Commissioning Checklist
- PV Array Test Report
- Domestic Photovoltaic Electrical Installation Compliance Certificate
- Installation Document for connection under G98 (Form B)
Gas & Plumbing
- Commissioning of Water Pipework
- Domestic Unvented Hot Water Storage Vessel Commissioning/Inspection Record
- Central Heating Powerflush Certificate
- Installation/Commissioning/Decommissioning Record
- Domestic Gas Safety Record
- Landlord's Gas Safety Record
- Landlord's Gas Safety Record for the Leisure Industry
- Non-Domestic Gas Installation Safety Report
- Electrical Bonding Notice
- Plant Commissioning/Service Record
- Commercial Catering Inspection Record
- Gas Warning Notice
- Central Heating Commissioning Certificate
- Gas Testing & Purging Certificate
- Gas Breakdown/Service Record
- Gas Service/Maintenance Checklist
- Gas Safety Visual Risk Assessment Form
- New BS 7671:2018 A2:2022 Minor Electrical Installation Certificate (MEIC)
- New BS 7671:2018 A2:2022 Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC)
- New BS 7671:2018 A2:2022 Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
- Domestic Electrical Installation Condition Report
- Minor Electrical Installation Works Certificate
- Portable Appliance Testing Report
- Emergency Lighting Periodic Inspection and Testing Certificate
- Emergency Lighting Service Certificate
- Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate
- Electrical Danger Notice
- Emergency Lighting Completion Certificate
- Commercial Electrical Installation Certificate
- Domestic Visual Condition Report
- Emergency Lighting Existing Site Compliance Certificate
Oil & Solid Fuel
- CD/14 Oil Warning and Advice Notice
- CD/11 Firing, servicing and commissioning
- CD/10 Oil-Fired Installation Completion Report
- TI/133D Domestic Oil Risk Assessment
- CD/12 Landlord's Oil Installation Check Certificate
- CD/81 Solid Fuel Commissioning & Servicing Report
- CD/80 Solid Fuel Installation Completion Report
- Fire Detection and Alarm System Installation Certificate
- Fire Detection and Alarm System Inspection and Servicing Report for all systems
- Certificate of Design, Installation and Commissioning for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems Grade C, D or F
- Design Certificate for Grade A Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Installation Certificate for Grade A Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Modification Certificate for Grade A Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Acceptance Certificate for Grade A Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Certificate of Commissioning for Grade A Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Non-Domestic Verification Certificate for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Non-Domestic Commissioning Certificate for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Non-Domestic Installation Certificate for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Non-Domestic Modification Certificate for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Non-Domestic Acceptance Certificate for Fire Detection and Fire Alarm Systems
- Waste Consignment Note
- Waste Transfer Note
- Pest Control Inspection Report
- Measurement Form
- Site Visit Form (Customisable job sheet)
- Extended Site Visit Form
- Job Completion Form (With 5 customisable variants)
- Customisable Questionnaire Form (With 5 customisable variants)
- Legionella Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment & Method Statement
Is it difficult to switch from Tradify to Powered Now?
Absolutely not! We have free support and training that can help you through the process of switching from Tradify to Powered Now smoothly.
Does Powered Now have free training?
Yes, Powered Now includes free training and comes with world-class UK-based support.
Does Powered Now have free support?
Yes, Powered Now comes with world class free support. You can call us, raise a support ticket, use the chat or send us an email. We’ll get your issue passed straight to the right person and get back to you as quickly as we can.
Can I import my customers?
You can import your customers in Powered Now via your iOS/Android device.
Alternatively, we can import your address book for you if it's provided to us in a CSV format.
Can I trial Powered Now first?
Of course you can. You can use Powered Now for free for 14 days (no card details required).
What are Powered Now pricing plans and costs?
You can buy monthly or yearly (and get two months free) all backed up with our 30 day money back guarantee. Our pricing plans start as little as £5 per month. We also offer a Business plan for small businesses for £15 per month and a Professional plan for £25 per month per user for teams and VAT registered businesses.
Why do I need to use Powered Now Projects?
Projects are very useful, you should use them!
Projects are automatically generated when any diary appointments and documents are created. A project can be viewed as a folder.
A project creates a folder full of all the information associated with the job. It is a great way to keep all of your information in one place.
We always recommend opening a new project when starting a new job. You will be able to log time, keep track of appointments, notes of conversations you have had with your customer, messages sent to your customer, job sheets, quotes, invoices and other documents raised against the job. Find out more about Powered Now Projects here.
You can call us on 0800 368 8153 which is a UK freephone number, email email@example.com or book a free demo here.